Please fill out application and email application to: Kelly_Pacquette@miltonrents.com
Mail application to:
Attn: Kelly Paquette
100 Dover Road
Chichester, NH 03258
Position Title: Class A Technician/Mechanic – Portland, ME
Reports to: Service Manager
The Class A Technician performs maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety heavy equipment while using a high degree of independent judgement.
- Completes repairs and preventative maintenance functions on-site and in the field.
- Trains technicians on repairs, maintenance, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and diesel systems.
- Provides demonstration and instruction on heavy equipment use to customers.
- Interacts with customers and vendors to property diagnose and repair heavy equipment.
- Completes work orders, service documentation and maintenance history with detail and accuracy in a timely manner.
- Communicates with Service Manager regarding equipment damage and/or other work hazards, accidents or injuries.
- Orders parts as necessary to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- Conducts heavy equipment functionality, use, and safety tests.
- Experience and training in assessment techniques including examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting on the performance of all equipment in the rental fleet.
- Highly developed mechanical background including work with various construction or heavy machinery, specifically repairing hydraulics, electric systems, and diesel engines.
- Extensive knowledge of construction or heavy equipment, advanced understanding of schematics and diagrams.
- Must have own tools required to perform job.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and eager to embrace technology (cell phones, i-Pads, CRM, etc.).
- Hungry to learn and an ability to apply new knowledge.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, trade school certificate or equivalent experience preferred.
- Valid medical card and/or ability to pass DOT physical exam in order to obtain medical card.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience repairing and maintaining construction or heavy equipment or vehicles as a diesel mechanic.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time with frequent bending.
- Must be able to work inside and outside in variable weather conditions.