Please fill out application and email application to: email@example.com
Mail application to:
Attn: Kelly Paquette
100 Dover Road
Chichester, NH 03258
Position Title: Outside Sales Representative/Account Manager
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Outside Sales Representative/Account Manager is responsible for the sales and rental of light and heavy construction equipment within a defined geographic territory. Outside Sales representatives are on the road every day, meeting with valued customers, visiting job sites and building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face-to-face cold calling on business owners, and networking throughout the community.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and follow-up on referrals.
- Regularly meet sales quotas and make conscious efforts to exceed sales quotas.
- Works with the Credit Department to establish new accounts; assists customer in preparing and processing credit/financing arrangement paperwork.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale and/or rental.
- Consults and makes recommendations to prospects and clients on various sales and rental equipment, products and services.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather complete data to allow for efficient processing of a sale and/or rental of equipment.
- Maintains contact with all clients, in the assigned area of responsibility, to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Ability to manage accounts and/or territory.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Proven success in prospecting and developing a territory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic financing with customers.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to function in high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software, including Microsoft Office and customer relationship management system (CRM).
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in field sales or a sales internship.
- Previous construction equipment sales and rentals experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting, standing, walking, driving, and talking for extended periods is common.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.